Trump’s China visit: Beijing ready to host the US President, what are the expectations of both the countries? – Trump To Land In Beijing On Wednesday For Talks With Xi

0

China is set to host the state visit of US President Donald Trump on Wednesday. During this, he will discuss many global issues with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping, including the ongoing conflict in the Gulf region. The leaders of the world’s two largest economies will meet face-to-face for the seventh time. Earlier they had met in Busan, South Korea in October 2025.



China is seeing the visit as an opportunity to pursue a trade deal and end the tariff dispute with the US. The tariffs affected exports worth more than $525 billion. Trump had earlier visited China in 2017 during his first term. This time he will reach Beijing along with many big American Chief Executive Officers (CEOs).

White House told what Trump’s program will be
According to the White House, Trump will reach Beijing on Wednesday evening. After this, there will be a formal welcome ceremony for Xi Jinping on Thursday and then a bilateral meeting. There will be another meeting of the two leaders on Friday, in which first there will be informal talks over tea and then there will be a meeting during lunch. The US also plans to extend an invitation to Jinping to visit Washington later.

Also read: President Donald Trump angry at media, accused of giving false hope and helping Iran

The two sides had announced on Sunday that Deputy Prime Minister He Lifeng will visit South Korea on May 12 and 13 for trade talks and will hold talks with US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessant. This conversation will be the last round of talks before Trump’s visit. According to reports, the talks are likely to focus on issues such as trade, tariffs, artificial intelligence and technology, arms sales to Taipei by Taiwan and the US, security in Iran and the Middle East, and rare earths and supply chains.

Will visit ‘Temple of Heaven’
Trump’s program also includes a visit to the ‘Temple of Heaven’. It is a complex of royal temples, where in olden times emperors used to offer prayers for good harvest.

What did Trump say before leaving for China?
Before leaving for Beijing, Trump told the media in Washington that his biggest discussion with Jinping would be about trade. He is planning to make more such agreements with China, under which China will buy more food products and aircraft from America. Both countries are also planning to create a trade board to resolve mutual differences.

What are China’s expectations from Trump’s visit?
From the trade point of view, China is expected to get big benefits from this visit, because top executives of big multinational companies of America are also going along with Trump. These include Tesla chief Elon Musk and Apple CEO Tim Cook, who have a strong business in China. In early 2026, Apple has again regained the first position in China’s competitive smartphone market. The reason for this was 28 percent increase in iPhone sales. In April, sales (including exports) of Tesla vehicles made in China reached 79,478, which is 36 percent more than last year. This has indicated that production will pick up again.

Why are the world’s eyes fixed on this tour?
The world is also keeping an eye on this visit because it is expected to solve the Gulf region crisis and Iran war. Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi recently visited Beijing, which was also closely watched by the US as China is the biggest buyer of oil from Iran.

China has appealed to Iran to open the Strait of Hormuz. Whereas the US Secretary of State said that Iran’s policies are isolating it globally. According to analysts, China wants stability in the Gulf region as it has deep relations with many countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait.

China’s state-run newspaper Global Times said the talks between the two leaders had brought stability to relations and cooperation should be further strengthened in the future. China says that the Taiwan issue will also be important in this meeting, whereas America has already asked China to take the ‘right decision’ on Taiwan.


MSCI May rejig: Four stocks added, four excluded from Global Standard Index

0

Global index provider MSCI added four Indian stocks and removed four from its widely tracked Global Standard Index in its latest periodic review, announced earlier on Wednesday, with the changes set to take effect ⁠on May 29, 2026.

Federal Bank, Multi Commodity Exchange of India, National Aluminum and Indian Bank will enter the index, while Hyundai Motor India, Jubilant Foodworks, Kalyan Jewelers and Rail Vikas Nigam will be excluded.

India’s weight in the MSCI ‌Global ‌Standard Index remains broadly steady at 12.3%, ‌compared with 12.4% after the February review, while the number of Indian constituents is unchanged at 165.

Adani Energy Solutions, initially seen as a provisional addition, has been left out after being placed under the NSE’s additional surveillance mechanism framework, a watchlist for unusual trading activity that makes the stock ineligible for inclusion.

MSCI indexes are key global benchmarks tracked by large passive funds, making index changes a significant driver of stock-specific ⁠flows.

Inclusions typically attract fresh passive capital, while deletions often trigger outflows as funds rebalance portfolios.

Nuvama Quantitative and Alternative Research expects passive inflows of $491 million into Federal Bank, $373 million into MCX, $308 million into National Aluminum and $209 million into Indian Bank.

On the other side, Hyundai Motor India, Jubilant Foodworks, Kalyan Jewelers and Rail Vikas Nigam are projected to see outflows of $281 million, $161 million, $137 million and $136 million, respectively.

Adani Power, BPCL, FSN E-Commerce, Trent and Oracle Financial Services are also expected to draw inflows due ⁠to higher weightages, while weights for HUL, Bajaj Finance, ⁠TCS, ONGC and Ultratech Cement, among others, were trimmed.

While the Global Standard Index saw balanced additions and deletions, MSCI’s small-cap index had heavier exclusions, reducing India’s small-cap count to 459 from 474.

Published on May 13, 2026

Tens of thousands protest in Argentina over Milei university cuts | Protests News

0

Tens of thousands of Argentines have taken to the streets in cities across the country to protest funding cuts by Javier Milei’s government to the public university system.

Huge crowds in central Buenos Aires marched towards the presidential palace on Tuesday to denounce budget shortfalls that they say are undermining the foundations of higher education.

Argentina’s public universities have been tuition-free since 1949 and have produced five Nobel laureates.

Congress approved a law last year to finance universities’ operating costs and increase academic salaries in line with soaring inflation. The government, however, has refused to implement it and is challenging the legislation in court.

Milei regularly denounces universities as bastions of “woke” teaching. He has sharply reduced public education spending as part of a broader effort to slash the state budget, which he argues has been bloated by decades of reckless expenditures and corruption under his left-leaning predecessors.

Tuesday’s demonstration drew people of all ages and political leanings, as Milei faces sliding approval ratings amid a shrinking economy, falling real wages and rising unemployment.

Public anger has also been spurred by a series of corruption allegations, including an investigation into what local media describe as lavish spending by Milei’s close ally, Cabinet Chief Manuel Adorni, which appears at odds with his official salary and declared assets.

Alejandro Alvarez, the president’s undersecretary for university policy, dismissed the march as “completely political” and insisted the government had compensated universities for higher costs, increases that unions say fall far short of what is needed.

Since Milei took office in late 2023, university professors’ salaries have fallen by about a third in real terms, adjusting for inflation, according to the main teachers’ federation.



Source link

Access Denied

0

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://hindi.news18.com/photogallery/ajab-gajab/off-beat-sultanpur-sarpat-kutia-natural-cooling-grass-hut-summer-local18-10471422.html” on this server.

Reference #18.4a200117.1778657031.1a08f21b

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.4a200117.1778657031.1a08f21b

Iran-US War: ‘We did not hide Iran’s fighter planes…’ Pakistan was lying openly, satellite photos exposed Munir

0

Amidst Iran-America war, Pakistan’s secret regarding Iranian aircraft has been exposed. Earlier, Pakistan was claiming that it had not given shelter to the Iranian military aircraft C-130 at Noorkhan base, however, now it has become clear from the satellite images that it had given place to the military aircraft C-130 of Iran Air Force at Noorkhan airbase.

According to the report, in the satellite photo of April 25, 2026, C-130 aircraft of Iran Air Force is seen standing near a hangar at Noorkhan Air Base in Pakistan. This airbase is located in Chaklala area of ​​Rawalpindi. It is also called Chaklala Airbase of Pakistan Air Force. This area is part of the Islamabad-Rawalpindi metro area and is about 10 kilometers from the center of Islamabad.

Also read: 5 Indians who had gone to visit Thailand, mysteriously fainted in a cafe, 1 dead, 3 serious

CBS News report confirmed

CBS News has confirmed the new pictures in its report. US President in April donald trump After the ceasefire was announced by Iran, Iran sent several aircraft to Pakistan’s Noorkhan airbase. It was claimed in the report that reconnaissance and intelligence aircraft were also included in these. US Senator Lindsey Graham has also expressed concern on this matter. He told US Defense Minister Pete Hegseth and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Dan Kane that he did not trust Pakistan.

Pakistan had rejected the report

During a hearing of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Graham said that if Iranian military aircraft are being kept safe at Pakistani airbases, then America should think of appointing some other country as a mediator. He also said that for this reason the talks between America and Iran are not progressing. However, Pakistan had earlier completely rejected the CBS News report. In the statement issued by Pakistan, it was said that this report is misleading and sensational. Pakistan said that such things weaken the efforts to maintain peace and stability in the region.

When did Iran get C-130 aircraft?

Iran first received C-130 aircraft in the 1970s during the rule of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. Even after the Islamic Revolution of 1979, these aircraft remained with the Iran Air Force. Due to US sanctions, Iran could not get new C-130 aircraft, so it kept the old aircraft in use through repair and maintenance. Iran’s C-130 aircraft have desert yellow camouflage, which contrasts with the light gray C-130 aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force. For this reason, identification of aircraft in satellite images is considered easy.

Iran has already sent aircraft

This is not the first time that Iran has sent its aircraft to Pakistan during war. Earlier, such news had also surfaced in 2025. At that time Israel had started Operation Rising Lion between 13 June and 24 June 2025. During that time, a Boeing 747 aircraft of Iran was seen at Karachi Airport.

Also read: Trump China Visit: Why did China get angry before Trump’s visit to Beijing? Gave warning, issued red line

Access Denied

0

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://hindi.news18.com/cricket/shubman-gill-social-media-post-goes-viral-with-abhishek-sharma-and-ishan-kishan-ipl-2026-10471131.html” on this server.

Reference #18.94adc17.1778656662.ba99a

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.94adc17.1778656662.ba99a

Access Denied



Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://news.sky.com/story/trump-weighs-in-on-starmer-and-bumper-china-visit-preview-13543385” on this server.

Reference #18.c5d07868.1778655463.51ed164a

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.c5d07868.1778655463.51ed164a



Source link

Access Denied

0

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://hindi.gadgets360.com/mobiles/oppo-oneplus-realme-fake-smartphone-factory-busted-in-delhi-karol-bagh-news-11488037” on this server.

Reference #18.50200117.1778656352.2db37103

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.50200117.1778656352.2db37103

Access Denied

0

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://hindi.news18.com/cricket/sunrisers-hyderabad-captain-pat-cummins-fined-inr-12-lakhs-for-a-slow-over-rate-in-match-56-of-ipl-2026-against-gujarat-titans-10471288.html” on this server.

Reference #18.6e560e17.1778654966.f57c88a

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.6e560e17.1778654966.f57c88a

Access Denied

0

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://hindi.news18.com/news/ajab-gajab/viral-pm-modi-work-from-home-appeal-sparks-funny-memes-and-viral-jokes-on-social-media-2-10471437.html” on this server.

Reference #18.490dde17.1778655276.3ad727d1

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.490dde17.1778655276.3ad727d1