Hantavirus cruise ship passengers can leave Nebraska before 42 days: officials


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The cruise ship passengers being monitored for hantavirus in Nebraska will be allowed to leave the medical facility before the end of a 42-day period if certain conditions are met, a public health official indicated Monday.

The individuals will remain at the facility in Nebraska for at least a few days during assessments, Brendan Jackson, acting director of the Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, said.

They will have the choice to stay in Nebraska all 42 days if they wish, but if they choose to return home, there will be several factors that play into the decision, such as whether “they remain symptom free,” he said.

Health officials will also assess whether passengers can safely isolate at home, maintain contact with local health departments and quickly access testing or medical care if symptoms develop.

AMERICANS EXPOSED TO HANTAVIRUS ABOARD CRUISE SHIP LAND IN NEBRASKA

Brendan Jackson

Brendan Jackson, MD, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention acting director of the division of high-consequence pathogens and pathology, speaks during a press conference at the Davis Global Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center campus, which holds the National Quarantine Unit, on May 11, 2026 in Omaha, Neb. (Dylan Widger/Getty Images)

Only those who can meet those standards, and whose home states can coordinate monitoring, will be cleared to leave.

Still, officials emphasized that the final decision will ultimately involve the passengers themselves.

“Yes,” Jackson said when asked if it would be their choice. “We want to do this in the least restrictive way possible… that protects the health and safety of both the passengers and their communities.”

Jackson noted passengers can remain at the facility for the full monitoring period if needed.

Of the 18 individuals transported back to the U.S. after a hantavirus outbreak tied to a cruise ship, 16 are now in Nebraska, while two are in Atlanta.

TOP WHO OFFICIAL WARNS CRUISE PASSENGERS ARE ‘HIGH-RISK CONTACTS’ AS AMERICANS RETURN FROM HANTAVIRUS SHIP

Fifteen of the individuals in Nebraska are in quarantine, while one was placed in the biocontainment unit, noted Michael Wadman, medical director of the National Quarantine Unit at University of Nebraska Medical Center.

Angela Hewlett and Michael Wadman

Angela Hewlett, MD, the medical director of Nebraska Biocontainment Unit speaks during a press conference at the Davis Global Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center campus, which holds the National Quarantine Unit, on May 11, 2026 in Omaha, Neb. (Dylan Widger/Getty Images)

Angela Hewlett, medical director of the Nebraska Biocontainment Unit, noted during the press conference that the individual in the biocontainment unit previously had an “equivocal positive test,” which she noted was “not in the United States. The person was not experiencing any symptoms, she said.

One of the passengers transported to Atlanta was symptomatic, Matthew Ferreira of HHS noted.

The risk hantavirus poses to the general public is “very, very low,” Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Adm. Brian Christine said during the news conference.

“The Andes variant of this virus does not spread easily and it requires prolonged, close contact with someone who is already symptomatic,” he explained.

HANTAVIRUS OUTBREAK TIMELINE HIGHLIGHTS KEY MOMENTS IN DEADLY CRUISE CRISIS

MV Hondius ship

This aerial picture shows a general view of the cruise ship MV Hondius stationary off the port of Praia, the capital of Cape Verde, on May 4, 2026. (AFP via Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The CDC explains online that “Andes virus is the only type of hantavirus that is known to spread person-to-person. This spread is usually limited to people who have close contact with a sick person. This includes direct physical contact, prolonged time spent in close or enclosed spaces, and exposure to the sick person’s body fluids.”

Fox News Digital’s Stephen Sorace contributed to this report.



Source link

Access Denied

0

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://hindi.gadgets360.com/internet/ather-energy-surpasses-big-mile-stone-sales-of-rizta-electric-scooter-more-than-3-lakh-units-bajaj-auto-tvs-motor-news-11481058” on this server.

Reference #18.4d560e17.1778523656.131d912b

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.4d560e17.1778523656.131d912b

Access Denied



Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-arson-trial-hears-ukrainian-did-a-bad-job-when-he-set-fire-to-pms-old-car-13542773” on this server.

Reference #18.c5d07868.1778523153.447d4f72

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.c5d07868.1778523153.447d4f72



Source link

Double standard: It’s only a controversy when Caitlin Clark walks out with Morgan Wallen


Caitlin Clark’s surprise walkout with Morgan Wallen at his concert Saturday night in Indianapolis drew a predictable reaction online.

Race idolatrous commentator Van Lathan Jr. stoked the flames with a viral post, writing “lol” above a clip of Clark and Wallen.

ESPN guest writer Jayson Buford went further, calling Clark “uncool” in a Substack post following the appearance.

“Caitlin Clark is beloved by most people despite her proximity to the type of whiteness that is inherently scary,” Buford wrote. “So why did she walk out with Morgan Wallen? It’s so blatantly corny. Just be cool.”

Inherently scary, huh?

Indiana Fever guard Caitlin Clark standing on basketball court waiting to check into game

Indiana Fever guard Caitlin Clark waits to check into a game against the Dallas Wings on May 9, 2026, at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind. (Brian Spurlock/Icon Sportswire)

THE WNBA WON’T GROW THIS SEASON IF MEAN GIRLS AND RACE BULLIES REFUSE TO ACCEPT CAITLIN CLARK

Fox News Digital compiled other notable reactions, including one user replying to a Barstool post, “She walks out with a racist? Not a good look.”

Nearly two days later, similar comments are still surfacing. It’s pathetic and desperate. It also reeks of a double standard.

The outrage is, in part, tied to a recording of Wallen using a racial slur in 2021. In reality, though, the backlash reflects the disdain critics like Lathan have for Clark. They want to cast her as a villain in the culture war to satisfy their contempt for a straight woman reaching superstardom in women’s basketball.

Wallen is one of the country’s biggest musical stars. When given the chance, few people would turn down the opportunity to walk out with him during a concert, including most athletes, both Black and White. Patrick Mahomes, Myles Garrett, Marshawn Lynch and Mike Tyson have all done so during Wallen’s tour. Yet there was no such outrage when they did it.

Morgan Wallen performing onstage at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville

Morgan Wallen performs during the 16th Annual Darius and Friends St. Jude Benefit at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tenn., on June 2. (Jason Kempin/Getty Images for ABA)

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

We also can’t help but notice the lack of fury from the hall monitors of morality when players and coaches have embraced other musicians, those with darker pasts than Wallen.

Chris Brown is a serial abuser. And yet, Paige Bueckers and Coach Dawn Staley didn’t face any backlash for attending his concerts and posing with him last summer.

We asked Lathan why he seemed more offended by Clark walking out with Wallen than by Staley and Bueckers celebrating Brown. He responded by blocking me on X. Apparently, Lathan is among those who view word crimes (Wallen using a slur) more seriously than violent crimes (Brown violently assaulting Rihanna).

OUTKICK IS NOW ON THE FOX APP: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Indiana Fever's Caitlin Clark reacting to fans before WNBA All-Star game

Indiana Fever’s Caitlin Clark reacts to fans before the WNBA All-Star basketball game in Indianapolis on July 19, 2025. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy, file)

Put bluntly, Clark’s detractors are not serious people. They are bitter grifters trying to appeal to racially charged corners of the internet.

Caitlin Clark has done nothing in her career to insert herself into discussions about racism. The reality is that some Black players and media members cannot accept that she is the most popular woman in basketball, and so they project their own racism onto her.

The response to her walking out with Morgan Wallen was just another excuse to try to vilify her along racial lines.



Source link

cPanel CVE-2026-41940 Under Active Exploitation to Deploy Filemanager Backdoor

0

Ravie LakshmananMay 11, 2026Vulnerability / Ransomware

A threat actor named Mr_Rot13 has been attributed to the exploitation of a recently disclosed critical cPanel flaw to deploy a backdoor codenamed Filemanager on compromised environments.

The attack exploits CVE-2026-41940, a vulnerability impacting cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) that could result in an authentication bypass and allow remote attackers to gain elevated control of the control panel.

According to a new report from QiAnXin XLab, the security defect has been exploited by a number of threat actors shortly after its public disclosure late last month, resulting in malicious behaviors like cryptocurrency mining, ransomware, botnet propagation, and backdoor implantation.

“Monitoring data shows that more than 2,000 attacker source IPs worldwide are currently involved in automated attacks and cybercrime activities targeting this vulnerability,” XLab researchers said. “These IPs are distributed across multiple regions globally, primarily originating from Germany, the United States, Brazil, the Netherlands, and other regions.”

Further analysis of the ongoing exploitation activity has uncovered a shell script that uses wget or curl to download a Go-based infector from a remote server (“cp.dene.[de[.]com”) that’s designed to implant a compromised cPanel system with an SSH public key for persistent access, along with dropping a PHP web shell that facilitates file upload/download and remote command execution.

The web shell is then used to inject JavaScript code to serve a customized login page to steal login credentials and siphon them to an attacker-controlled system that’s encoded using the ROT13 cipher (“wrned[.]com“). Once the details are transmitted, the attack chain culminates with the deployment of a cross-platform backdoor that’s capable of infecting Windows, macOS, and Linux systems.

The infector is also equipped to collect sensitive information from the compromised host, including bash history, SSH data, device information, database passwords, and cPanel virtual aliases (aka valiases), to a 3-member Telegram group created by a user named “0xWR.”

In the infection sequence analyzed by XLab, Filemanager is delivered via a shell script downloaded from the “wpsock[.]com” domain. The backdoor supports file management, remote command execution, and shell functionality.

There are signs that the threat actor behind the operation has been operating silently in the shadows for years. This assessment is based on the fact that the command-and-control (C2) domain embedded in the JavaScript code has been put to use in a PHP-based backdoor (“helper.php“) that was uploaded to the VirusTotal platform in April 2022. The domain was first registered in October 2020.

“Over the six years from 2020 to the present, the detection rate of Mr_Rot13’s related samples and infrastructure across security products has remained extremely low,” XLab said.



Source link

Tragedy at sea: MV Hondius captain praises unity amid hantavirus outbreak. | News

0

NewsFeed

For unity and strength, a thank you message from the captain of hantavirus-stricken ship.



Source link

Access Denied



Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://news.sky.com/story/cut-employee-national-insurance-to-win-back-voters-labour-report-says-13542790” on this server.

Reference #18.c5d07868.1778522759.446e1704

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.c5d07868.1778522759.446e1704



Source link

The FOX News Wine Shop lets you sip American wines at home — here’s how it works


As America approaches its 250th birthday, the FOX News Wine Shop is highlighting a collection of wines from across the country. From discounted America 250 collections to homegrown reds and whites, the shop offers an easy way to explore wines crafted in the U.S. For more patriotic pairings, you can even join the FOX News American Wine Club to have nine all-American bottles delivered to your door every two months.

What is the FOX News Wine Shop?

FOX News launched its wine shop in 2025 to specifically showcase American-made wines. The site acts as a storefront, connecting shoppers with selections from across the country. Many bottles come from veteran-owned vineyards, offering red and white wines that may be harder to find in local stores. Right now, it’s running an America 250 sale, with 15% off orders of $75, 20% off orders of $150 and 30% off orders of $250.

What is the FOX News American Wine Club?

The FOX News American Wine Club is a bit different from the Wine Shop. The Club is a bimonthly subscription service where bottles are delivered directly to your door. Right now, new members can get nine bottles for $79.99 with free shipping, plus three bonus bottles in their first shipment. After that, each case costs $124.99, plus $19.99 for shipping. A portion of each purchase supports veterans through the organization U.S. VETS, which works to help end veteran homelessness.

Popular wines and collections

Celebrate America’s 250th birthday in advance with single bottles and curated collections.

Original price: $71.97

These presidential-themed wines give you a taste of what the FOX Wine Shop offers. (FOX News Wine Shop)

Try two American-made reds and one white with the American 250 trio. Each bottle highlights a piece of American history, from the White House Sauvignon Blanc to the Washington Heritage Red and Proclamation Pinot, each with collector-friendly labels featuring George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and the White House. For $99.99, you can get the trio in a decorative wooden box.

Pop this bottle anytime for crisp, citrus notes. (FOX News Wine Shop)

The USA 250 Liberty sparkling wine is a festive option for celebrations. This dry California chardonnay features notes of citrus and white nectarine, making it a good match for barbecue and summer gatherings. For a limited time, you can save 30% when you order 12 bottles.

READ MORE: Memorial Day sales guide: When deals start and where to save the most

Original price: $46.98

Try a red and white with this presidential pair. (FOX News Wine Shop)

If you’re looking for a smaller introduction to the FOX News Wine Shop, the Patriotic Pair includes a limited-edition Washington Heritage red and White House Sauvignon Blanc. Both are part of the America 250 collection, which highlights American-made selections. It’s a simple way to sample the lineup.

Get a gift-ready box or add it to your patriotic collection. (FOX News Wine Shop)

Try two popular California wines with this gift set from Raymond Vineyards. The Chenin Blanc and 91-point Cabernet come packaged in a patriotic wooden box, making it a ready-to-gift option for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July.

Original price: $114.96

This set comes with three gift bags for easy gifting. (FOX News Wine Shop)

Save more than $30 on the Dauntless Riveter Rosé trio and gift bag collection. This veteran-owned Oregon winery crafts a rosé that honors World War II heroines, with bright pink fruit flavors.

For more deals, visit www.foxnews.com/deals

This classic red has a one-of-a-kind eagle label. (FOX News Wine Shop)

For a classic red with notes of dried cherry, black currant and fig, the American Eagle Zinfandel pairs well with everything from barbecue to pizza. The label features a bold eagle design that nods to the vineyard’s American pride.



Source link

Access Denied

0

Access Denied You don’t have permission to access “http://hindi.news18.com/cricket/tim-david-receives-a-harsh-punishment-by-bcci-fined-30-percent-of-match-fee-and-two-demerit-points-after-crossing-the-line-during-rcb-victory-celebrations-10466737.html” on this server.

Reference #18.49200117.1778522955.12254535

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.49200117.1778522955.12254535

Trump says ceasefire is on ‘life support’ after rejecting Iran’s proposal | US-Israel war on Iran

0

NewsFeed

US President Donald Trump said the ceasefire with Iran was “on life support” after rejecting Tehran’s latest proposal, which he dismissed as “garbage”. Speaking from the Oval Office, Trump said Iran’s response failed to include nuclear concessions.



Source link